“To make eyes at someone” significa insinuar-se com o olhar para alguém atraente, pretendendo chamar a atenção dela. Ou seja, azarar, paquerar por tentar atrair ou seduzir com o olhar. “Secar” alguém.
What does mean “to make eyes at someone“? “To make eyes at someone” is an idiom. The definition or meaning is “to look at someone in a way that shows them that you think they are sexually attractive”. Another meaning or synonym would be “to flirt with someone”. See some examples with Portuguese translation.
- Evebody noticed that Anne and John were always making eyes at each other at work / Todos notavam que a Ana e o João se paqueravam no trabalho.
- John tried to make eyes at all the young women / O João tentava paquerar todas as mulheres jovens.
- Anne spent the whole evening making eyes at John / A Ana passou a noite toda paquerando o João.
- She used to make eyes at my younger brother / Ela costumava paquerar o meu irmão mais novo.
- To her sister’s disgust, she was always making eyes at the boys / Para o desgosto da sua irmã, ela estava sempre paquerando os rapazes.